How far along? 16 weeks 1 day
Size of the baby? The size of a turnip (5 in, 5 oz)
Maternity Clothes? I finally got some pants and I love them! They are so comfortable. I got a few maternity tops too. I can still wear my dresses.
Gender? A precious girl!
Movement? None yet...
Sleep? I am still getting up several times a night to go to the bathroom. I did stay up until 11:00 last night which was pretty exciting.
Cravings? Not really having any cravings right now. Still very grossed out by certain foods.
Symptoms? I am already an emotional person but goodness, it seems like every TV show or movie that I watch I cry. Also, my face is breaking out like crazy. Every morning I wake up there is at least one new beautiful blemish on my face.
What I miss? Being able to sleep however I like. I usually sleep on my stomach and sometimes my back but now I am really trying to stay on my sides at night.
Milestones? Being 16 weeks pregnant and I started yoga! I am taking a yoga class at 90 Degress Yoga but don't worry it's not the hot class. It has been wonderful!
Our dog, Reese, barks all the time. Will and I have been worried about once the baby gets here how she will be able to handle his barking. It is very loud and he does it ALL THE TIME. Well then I read my update for this week on my What to Expect App and thought it was so funny...
"Your baby is almost certainly listening up by now. In fact, loud noises--the dog barking, the doorbell ringing--will actually startle your baby (and also get him or her used to such noises; for instance, fetuses who regularly hear a dog barking will become babies who sleep right through Fido's outburts.)"
I don't know how true this statement is but I would love to think it really works. Last night when Reese started barking Will and I just smiled at each other.
Here's a picture of the Big Boy (probably about to bark):
(PS- Please don't judge the no grass by the back door--we are working on it)
Hey Carmen! just a tidbit of info... i dont know if you read any of the blogs on my bloglist but my friend Whitney (on the meade feed) has a 6 mo old and they were really nervous about their dog barking, as well. They bought him a bark collar and she said it worked WONDERS so I went and bought them for our dogs, too.
ReplyDeletethey seriously work!!! we treats our dogs like babies, so we were hesitant at first to use a "shock" collar, but the more i researched it, the safer it sounded (its an intense vibration that scares them, not an electric shock). We think our dogs should get to bark sometimes so we take them off at night or if they are being good during the day, but if there are neighbors grilling out or something that will set them on a barking frenzy we use them and they're awesome!!
$49 at petsmart! :)
Don't worry- our "grass" by our backdoor looks the same. :o) I've heard that babies who are exposed to loud noises in the womb tend to sleep through anything (my mom said my brother was that way) so try not to stress too much about the barking issues. The bark collar is a good idea though that your friend suggested! Glad to hear you're doing well! And I'm with you on the being emotional thing...I cried watching "The Santa Clause" last night. Really?
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for the advice!! Brittney- we are def. going to look into the collars! I think that is a great idea.
ReplyDeleteStacie-that does make me happy to hear that babies who are exposed to loud noises in the womb tend to sleep through anything. Hope you are feeling better!