Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Pregnancy Ticker

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

37 Weeks and 5 Days!

Hey everyone! Sorry I have been so slack on my post and pictures. I will work on it!

Today I had my weekly doctor's appointment. I was checked and am 2 cm dilated and 50% effaced. So we are making some progress. Annie Knox may end up being a due date baby or even later! I told her we were ready for her whenever she was ready but now she must be good and comfortable.


I know I'm not 38 weeks yet but here are my Weekly Pregnancy Highlights:

How far along? 37 weeks and 5 days...only 2 weeks and 2 days until December 1st!

Size of the baby? It still says a watermelon. Around 19-22 in and 6.5 lbs but we know she has passed that weight.

Maternity Clothes? Of course. I am running out of options but I don't want to buy anything new since her due date is so close.

Gender? Girl!

Movement? She doesn't move as much as she used to. Since I am having contractions every 3-4 minutes apart she moves a little before and a little after. I have been counting her movements though and she is reaching 10 every 2 hours which is what the doctor said to do.

Cravings? Sandwiches and Cereal

Symptoms? Still the same....contractions, back pain, cramping

Milestones? Almost 38 weeks!


I know some of you may be reading that I am having contractions every 3-4 minutes apart and wondering why I am still at home. I am still sometimes wondering that myself. Well, they are real contractions but I am not dilated enough to get admitted to the hospital. They want me to be 4 cm dilated. The tough part is "knowing" when you should go. I know all the women that have had children know but being a first time mom and having contractions for the past 4 weeks I seriously have no clue. On Saturday night my contractions were 3 minutes apart and I could not talk through them. The doctor said the only thing you can do is go to the doctor or hospital and get checked. Great....then get sent home again. I am just praying that my water will break so I will actually "know". If I hadn't been having these contractions for so long I would be on my way right now because they are so painful. I know this will all change once I go into labor but it is really confusing. Everyone has asked me "so when do you go" or "what are we waiting on" and my answer is "I have no clue". haha.....So if you hear about a girl having a baby at the store, mall, or walking down the street...it's probably me! I'll keep my cell phone with me just in case...

2 comments:

  1. yikes, Carmen!!! i am sure going through that is so confusing. i will be praying for your water to break, too! i think she'll be here before Saturday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah! you're so close girl! :) She will be here soon I bet! I knew it was time when I felt menstrual cramps. That's what someone told me to "feel for" and it helped! Also- if you are stuck somewhere and need a quick ride- my hubby is a cop- light and sirens all the way to the hospital! text me if you need him! lol 770-5197 :) Praying for you! You will know when it's time!

    ReplyDelete