HELLO 3rd TRIMESTER!!
Pregnancy Highlights
How Far Along? 28 Weeks today! Finally in the 3rd Trimester
Size of the baby? Head of Cauliflower (16 inches, 2.5-3 lbs)
Maternity Clothes? Oh yes. I went shopping the other day and got a few new fall items but I need to go back and get some more.
Gender? Girl!!
Movement? She is moving all the time. Last week the doctor told me to count and make sure I am feeling her move 10 times every 2 hours. So far we haven't had any issues. Last night I woke up with her kicking me like crazy. Sometimes her moves are so big it scares me. Love it!
Cravings? Nothing right now
Symptoms? Not that I can think of....
What I miss? Being able to lean down to pick up something, move something, tie my shoes, etc. I can still do it but it just takes a bit longer to figure out how I am going to get down and then back up.
Milestones? 3rd Trimester! Only 12 weeks left to go! 9 until Annie Knox is full term.
2nd Glucose Screening.....
So after I posted about having to drink the nasty drink and praying that I wouldn't have to go back for the second test which is 3 hours long I had to go back. The doctor actually called me the next morning after my appointment last week and said that my number was right over what it should be. I didn't ask how close because I knew it wouldn't make a difference. So I had to go in at 8:30 this morning for the 3 hour test. They were only supposed to take my blood four times (once when I got there and then on the hour for the next 3 hours). Well, you know how I said I always have issues with having my blood drawn? Today was pretty bad. Please don't be scared if you have to do this because for ANYONE else it would have been so easy! It's because my veins are so small they have issues with finding one to get blood out. I was pricked a total of 9 times today. To some people that might not sound like much but to me it was a lot. There were many misses that may have caused a few tears. The nurses were so sweet and I could tell felt so bad. At the beginning of my appointment they pricked my finger and I saw the number said 102 so I asked what was the number supposed to be. They told me the perfect numbers are between 70 and 100. So I really was right over the line. They told me that some of the scales go to 110. Hopefully everything went alright and they will call tomorrow with good news! If not, it will just be another small bump in the road that I know will be totally worth it.
Please keep us in your prayers!
I want to say thank you to my sweet sister-in-law, Ellis! She also had an appointment at 8:30 that was only 30 minutes and she stayed with me until I got out of the doctor's office at 12:15. Thank you sister! I love you! (Also, to my parents who came by to check on me! I love yall!)
I would do it again! Love you sister!
ReplyDelete