Annie Knox got her first ear infection while we were at the beach when she was around 6 months old. Since then she has been having them off and on. Her last ear infection lasted about a month long. She's been on every antibiotic and even had 2 sets of shots in both legs. Our pediatrician recommended we go meet with an ENT doctor to see if she needs tubes. "Tubes? Oh no big deal. I know tons of people that have had tubes or their kids just got tubes." That's what I always thought. No big deal. Well, then when you go meet with a doctor and they tell you they will have to put your child to sleep for the surgery.....my heart sank. I don't care if it is just a few minutes. That's my baby!
Annie Knox had the surgery on Friday and the longest part was getting at the hospital at 7am and waiting until surgery at 8:30. She wasn't allowed to eat or drink anything since the night before so you tell my sleepy baby she can't have a sip of water. The doctor, nurses, and the anesthesiologist came to meet with us. When it was time for AK to go back she was screaming and reaching for me. The nurse said, "She'll be fine, she will be asleep in a few minutes." Tears came to my eyes but I held it together for the most part. They had Will and I go sit in a small, little, "conference" room during the surgery. The doctor came by about 6 or 7 minutes later and said the surgery was done. It was that quick!! Such a relief! We just had to wait to go see her in recovery. Of course, when we got to see her she was not happy. She had just woken up, was hungry, thirsty, and had no clue where we were. But she calmed down shortly after we had her and we were able to head home!
So, tubes? So far, so good! We will see how they are holding up in a few weeks when we go back for a check up. It really wasn't a big deal, it was quick, and hopefully help Annie Knox feel better but I've learned that when it's your child, any surgery is a big deal. At least until afterwards. :)
Now on to baby Jay!
Annie Knox had the surgery on Friday and the longest part was getting at the hospital at 7am and waiting until surgery at 8:30. She wasn't allowed to eat or drink anything since the night before so you tell my sleepy baby she can't have a sip of water. The doctor, nurses, and the anesthesiologist came to meet with us. When it was time for AK to go back she was screaming and reaching for me. The nurse said, "She'll be fine, she will be asleep in a few minutes." Tears came to my eyes but I held it together for the most part. They had Will and I go sit in a small, little, "conference" room during the surgery. The doctor came by about 6 or 7 minutes later and said the surgery was done. It was that quick!! Such a relief! We just had to wait to go see her in recovery. Of course, when we got to see her she was not happy. She had just woken up, was hungry, thirsty, and had no clue where we were. But she calmed down shortly after we had her and we were able to head home!
So, tubes? So far, so good! We will see how they are holding up in a few weeks when we go back for a check up. It really wasn't a big deal, it was quick, and hopefully help Annie Knox feel better but I've learned that when it's your child, any surgery is a big deal. At least until afterwards. :)
| Not so sure about all of this. |
| Finally getting comfortable |
| Waving hey! |
Now on to baby Jay!
I know I am starting REALLY late but here are my Pregnancy Highlights
How far along? 24 weeks
How far along? 24 weeks
Size of the baby? Ear of corn (8.5 in, 1.5 lbs)
Maternity Clothes? Oh yes! I've been wearing these for a while. Your second pregnancy is definitely different from the first!
Gender? Boy!!
Movement? It took me a little while longer to feel Jay kick than with Annie Knox but now I am feeling it a lot more.
Cravings? I've been craving sweets lately but not candy. More like soft cookies, milkshakes, ice cream.
Cravings? I've been craving sweets lately but not candy. More like soft cookies, milkshakes, ice cream.
Symptoms? Just some normal back pain
What I miss? Sushi!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)

im so glad youre back to blogging! I request a belly pic with Annie Knox in the picture, too :) :) so excited for yall!
ReplyDelete