Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Pregnancy Ticker

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Hunter Family Beach Trip

This June we went with the Hunter side of the family to Wild Dunes. This was a new house that they rented that everyone loved! I think we already have it set up for next year. Will, Annie Knox and I went down Friday night and stayed with Will's sister, Hunter and her husband David. We weren't able to leave until Will got home from work around 6:30 so by the time we got to Charleston it was 9:30-10:00. We were able to visit with them and then hit the hay. The next day we met Will's parents at Poe's Tavern for lunch. I got the fist tacos which were soooo delicious! We sat out on the porch and had Annie Knox hang out in her stroller. It was the perfect place! By the time we finished lunch we were able to get into the beach house and hang out on the beach Saturday night. We had such a wonderful weekend with the whole family! We don't get to see everyone very often so it was nice to spend time together. We had a great time and hopefully will be able to stay longer next year!
One thing we have learned: that going anywhere takes time but to go to the beach, pool, or lake with Annie Knox can take a REALLY LONG time. Most baby girl bathing suits are extremely hard to get on! As well as the swimmie diapers. The diapers are basically like pull ups. So you have to pull up the diaper, pull up the bathing suit, lather the baby in sunscreen, and then by that time it's time to eat, time to nap, or she went to the bathroom and we need to change her diaper. That will then start the process all over again! Ok, it's not really like this every time but it does happen a good bit. The swimmie diapers do NOT absorb very well. That is mainly so they don't explode in water like a regular diaper. That being said.....if you are holding a baby with a swimmie diaper expect to get wet. When they go it goes all over you. The first night we were on the beach I was holding Annie Knox in front of everyone and all of the sudden I realized I was soaking wet. She was just as happy as can be! It really was funny! We are having the best time but these are funny little things I want to remember.
Annie Knox loves her ducky bath!

She will play in it even if it's not in the tub

Hanging out with Cici

in the tidal pool with Jimbo

Annie Knox and Jimbo

our little family

She loves trying to eat the sand



I thought this was so sweet- look at her arm around Jimbo's neck.

After bathtime


Dinner

Before we had to leave Monday morning

No comments:

Post a Comment