Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Pregnancy Ticker

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend at Kiawah

Well this will truly be a Memorial Day Weekend at the beach that we will NEVER forget. Ellis, Bo, Annie Knox and I left Thursday morning to head down to Kiawah for the weekend. My parents, Ginny, and Geoff were already there and Alex and Will were coming down later in the day. Thursday morning Annie Knox woke up early having a hard time breathing. It was the beginning of a cold. She slept almost the whole car ride and seemed to be doing fine. She has had a cold before so I gave her some medicine and we also did the saline (Little Noses) in her nose. Our doctor told us to do all of this. Thursday we went out of the beach for a little while and Annie Knox got to spend some time in the water and sand (which she loved!). Her nose was running but no temperature. On Friday, we were on the beach most of the day. We had tents and umbrella's set up for the babies so they were staying out of the sun. Will had two conference calls, conveniently at 11:00 and 4:00 so he was only on the beach for a little while. Well, Friday night/Saturday morning around midnight Annie Knox woke up screaming and was burning up. Will and I stripped her down and took her temperature. It was 101.9. I called our doctor on call and they told me to give her Tylenol and see if that would help. They also told me since she was so young they wanted me to take her to someone first thing in the morning. (Of course, on the Saturday of Memorial Day Weekend at the beach...). I was calm the whole time and then before getting of the phone with the doctor I asked "Will she be OK? Is 102 OK?" Typical first time parent. They assured me that it was very normal to have a fever that temperature. She said if it was 104 she would want me to go somewhere that night but with it being 102 I could wait until the morning. Let's just say I didn't sleep very wonderful that night. When Annie Knox kept crying I just lost it. I was crying and my sweet husband said "Why are you crying" and all I could say back was "Why are you not crying, our baby is sick". He of course took the comment back right away. Annie Knox woke up several hours later and her fever was gone. Before we went to the Urgent Care Center (which was wonderful by the way) her temp was 98.5 and when we got there it was right around 97.9. She has a cold and her first (of many) ear infection. Right now she is on amoxicillin. I can tell she is still hurting because she isn't her happy self and keeps grabbing her ear. The medicine lasts for 10 days and we are on day 5. Next week we go for Annie Knox's 6 month checkup so hopefully she will be much better.
We still took lots of pictures because I figured this would be a weekend that we will still want to document. Annie Knox takes after me when it comes to having a cold. We get it in our eyes. They water so bad so almost all of the pictures look like she is crying even though she wasn't!
First time in the sand...wearing cousin Bo's hat.

Passed out

Bo loves the beach too!

With Aunt Ginny

Nap time

Annie Knox loving all the attention

playing with Daddy

Family picture

sick little girl

Still happy though!

With Aunt Ginny again

Big Dave, Annie Knox, and Bethie

Cousin photo shoot




Miss priss


The Crigler's

The Feemster's

with  my sick baby girl

Family shot

again!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment