Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Pregnancy Ticker

Monday, June 4, 2012

Annie Knox is 6 months!



 Annie Knox turned 6 months on Saturday. I cannot believe she is half a year old. This is such a fun age. She is changing daily and learning so many new things.
Annie Knox updates:
-She just started trying to wave bye bye. When we wave and say it to her she starts moving her fingers.
-Annie Knox is laughing more and more. The other night my mom had her laughing so hard. I wish I had a video.
-Annie Knox still gets the hiccups after she laughs
-Not really rolling over. She has started to like tummy time and will just lay there.
-Even though AK isn't rolling she is trying to pull herself around on her tummy.
-To get her to fall asleep I always sing to her and rub between her eyebrows down to her nose.
-She has started noticing if she is left in a room alone. Not that I ever leave her alone! Our kitchen and den are connected so I can still see and talk to her while I'm trying to cook, clean, wash bottles, etc but she would rather me sit in the room. As soon as we walk out she screams and when we walk right back in she starts laughing. It's just wonderful....
On Saturday AK tried a Gerber cookie and a sippy cup with water for the first time. She basically just sucks on the cookie and it makes a big mess. The sippy cup we are still trying to figure out. She may get a sip of water but that's it.

Annie Knox's schedule:
-She is starting to wake up earlier so around 7:00-7:30 she will wake up and usually I can try to get her to sleep a little while longer.
-Breakfast (usually a fruit) around 8:00
-Bottle (4 oz) around 8:30
-Nap 10:30-11:30 (varies on how long)
-Lunch (fruit or veggie) around 11:30
-Bottle (4 oz) right afterwards
-Snack (gerber cookie) and Sippy cup with water at 12:30 or 1:00
-Nap 1:00-2:30 (varies on  how long- sometimes 1 hour and sometimes about 2 hours)
-Bottle (4 oz) 2:30
-Bottle (4 oz) 5:30
-Dinner (veggie and rice cereal) around 6:30-7:00
-Bottle (4 oz-6 oz) around 8:00
On Sunday we went swimming with Will's parents, Jimbo and Cici
-Bedtime 8:30 (Lately AK will go to bed and then she gets a second wind and wants to play...we are working on this but sometimes we will get her out of her crib and she is up laughing and playing for 30 more minutes and then goes back to bed)

Favorites:
-The pool
-Being outside (she loves looking around)
-Reese (our dog)-if she is fussy and then sees him she starts smiling and laughing
-Dancing! Yes, my baby loves to dance. Anytime music is on or you start singing she will start rocking.
AK swimming with Jimbo
-Loves playing peak-a-boo
-Her exersaucer
-Cookies
-Baby Einstein
-Car Rides
-Reading (especially books that are touch and feel)

Annie Knox is wearing size 2 diapers and her clothes are 6 months and some 6-9 month. On Thursday we go to the doctor for her 6 month check-up. I will let you know her weight and height then. One thing I am having a hard time with is correcting people when they call her "Annie". She goes by "Annie Knox". It's a double name. I never call her Annie so I always hope that people will catch on but not so much. So I am trying to figure out the best way to correct people. If anyone with a double name or a child with a double name has any suggestions or advice please let me know....that would be wonderful!!

Annie Knox, Your daddy and I love you so very much! We have spent a few nights (only one at a time) away from you and we miss and talk about you the entire time. You are such a blessing!! Thank you for always making a dull day seem bright! You can always bring a smile to our faces. We love you more than anything!!
Love always, Mommy and Daddy
Annie Knox now notices her chalk board
Pictures are getting harder and harder...

2 comments:

  1. what a sweet, growing girl!!!! we have the same problem. everyone calls her MARY... at the doctor they call back "Marion Bolt" haha Matt about has a cow. let me know if you figure anything out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter's name is Anna Claire, and I always introduce her to people as Anna Claire. She's 14 months and everyone has been good about the double name. Just constantly say this is Annie Knox, her name is Annie Knox, and it'll stick. And let's get a big cheer for double names :)

    ReplyDelete