Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Pregnancy Ticker

Monday, January 16, 2012

Pop 1937-2012



Pop holding Annie Knox (she is named after his grandmother)

I apologize for not updating my blog lately but some of you may know that my grandfather recently passed away. I am so thankful I was able to say goodbye to him. It was the hardest thing I had ever done but I will always remember the way he hugged and kissed me that night.


For a while all Pop had been saying was that he wanted to meet Annie Knox and Bo. I am so thankful he was able to be with us the day she was born and be able to hold her and kiss her. In the hospital one night he said something about how happy he was that he got to meet them. My heart was so full of joy and broken at the same time.

We all knew that Pop was a big part of the Greenville community as well as the upstate but we didn't realize the extent. On Tuesday the visitation lasted 6 hours long. People waited in line for over 3 hours to see our family. It was unbelievable to see how many lives he touched.

The outpouring love our family has received over the past two weeks is truly amazing. I appreciate everything that has been done for us and all of the messages, cards, phone calls, text, etc. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

With Kat and Pop on my wedding day




The night Pop passed away Kat came home and said all she wanted to do was rock the babies.


No comments:

Post a Comment