Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Pregnancy Ticker

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

27 Week Doctor's Appointment and Glucose Screening




Today I had my long doctor's appointment for the glucose screening test. It really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Right when I got to the doctor's office they had me drink the orange drink in 5 minutes. It tastes like an Orange Crush but no carbonation so it was really flat. The first couple of sips wasn't so bad but by the end all I wanted to do was finish it. After I finished the drink they did my normal check-up and then I met with Dr. Bailey. He listened to Annie Knox's heartbeat and said everything sounded and looked great. We are right on track! I had to wait about 30 more minutes and then my hour was up so they could do the blood work. Well....I have a terrible time with blood work. I am not a fan at all and I am so worried about passing out or getting sick. Luckily that didn't happen today, but they couldn't find a good vein in my arm so they had to draw blood from my hand. They warned me that it would be more uncomfortable and all I could think about was how they better hurry up and take it or someone is going to have to hold me down. I made it through and will hopefully NOT hear back from the doctor. They said they usually only call unless I didn't pass the test. I pray that everything went well. If I don't hear back by next Wednesday everything should be fine.


I am now going to see the doctor every 2 weeks! My next appointment is Tuesday, September 13th.

1 comment:

  1. Every two weeks now? Wow! It's going to FLY from here on out.

    ReplyDelete