As soon as we went to the doctor I went to make copies of the ultrasound, and of course get medicine and Will went by the store to get saltines. We were going to go ahead and tell Will's family on Tuesday night after the appointment.
Our plan was to get a "Big Brother" t-shirt for our dog, Reese, to wear to share the wonderful news with our families. We knew it would be confusing because they might think we are just getting another dog but we thought it would be funny to see how they took it.
When we got to Will's parents house Will's dad, Jimmy, was walking in the front door. Reese ran right up to him and started going to the bathroom. Will rushed over to lift the shirt to make sure he didn't ruin it. Once he was finished with his business we told Jimmy to check out Reese's new shirt. Jimmy just kept smiling saying "What does that mean?". Finally, I had to say I was pregnant for it to really sink in. He was so excited and in shock at the same time. It was great. Once we got in the front door Reese ran straight to the kitchen because he knew Will's mom, Nancy, would be in there. I didn't even make it into the room when I heard her say "Are you trying to tell me something?". She was so excited and ran right in to hug us. Will called his sister, Hunter and had her on speaker phone. It was great!! She was silent for a couple of seconds and then said "Are you for real?!?" It was truly a wonderful night!! Will was so happy he was able to tell them! Now all we had left was to tell my family.....
No comments:
Post a Comment